When your young, people tell you to grow up or act your age. It gets really old. Really, think about it. How do you act you age? Put a group of people together and there are so many different levels that they act on, think on or even laugh on. So maybe we are acting our age. It's just how the other person wants us to act. When I get together with my mom and grandma and Heather we all act completely loney and it is wonderful. My grandma is in her 80's, my mom in her 60's, I'm in my 40's and Heather is in her almost 20's. But we all act the same. If someone ask us to act out age we will all just sit there not saying a word until we couldn't stand it anymore and all broke out into hysterics.
Friends are always a big part of growing up. We love with them and we hate with them. But as you grow up. The large group known as "WE" gets smaller until usually there are just me and you. Heather has been realizing this in her own life and seeing that those extra special friends through high school weren't all that extra or special. There is usually one if you both are willing to make the effort. But it takes an effort. When Heather was in kindergarten she came home one day crying saying no one would play with her today. I did a little asking of questions to discover she had gone outside and sat on a box waiting for others to come and invite her to play. I explained how we have to get off our box and go find the friends. You can't just sit there waiting for others. Heather is lucky to still have Red as a great friend. When I was growing up the only friend I truly saw my mother have were her brothers and sisters. I never saw my dad with any except my mom's family. Now as an old woman (hahaha!!! acting my age) I have one truly extra special friend. I love him more with each passing moment. I can't understand why he loves me and it doesn't matter. All I know is he does unconditionally just as I love him. We have been all over the place and through a lot of houses and so called friends but he is my one and only. The one I cherish with all my heart and never want to spend a day without him in my life. This year is our 24Th wedding anniversary and to me it seems no more than a few hours and an eternity all at the same time. I love you James Reed.
Sometimes we have to make friends with ourselves also. It can be hard to sit somewhere completely by yourself and know that the only one you can count on is you. But there are times in our lives that that is what God needs us to do. The verse "Be still and know that I am God." It can be tough but to know ourselves is to learn about God if He lives and breaths in you. But I have been through this time of growth. It can be harder than having family and friend problems because the only ones there to blame are yourself and God. And He is perfect so....... Well the point is "Be still and know that I am God" is a literal statement and require in life. Usually before God works something grand through you. It is a preparations time. And it is really important. So grab this time and make the most of it. Let God live through you and help you to GROW UP. God bless.
Saturday, November 10, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Thank You that helped. <3
Post a Comment