Saturday, November 3, 2007

Our 1st entry: My Grandma

Tonight I went to dinner with my daughter, mother and grandmother. We had 4 generations of our family. When I was young I had a picture taken of my great grandmother, grandmother, mom and me. I cherish this to this day. When Heather was very young we also took a picture like that and I am sure in 20 years she will cherish it also. I love my grandmother so much. She is the old fashion kind. The one that always made homemade bread and did crafts by hand. Over the years she has made so of my most prized possessions. Baby quilts, pillow quilts, dollies, and many other items to many to list them all. When I was young at Christmas time all the men and boys basically got the same gift and all the women and girls received the same thing basically. One year she saved all her coffee cans. She spray painted them gold and painted holly on them. Then she painted our names on our on special can. Inside everyone got a yo yo, some candy, and house shoes she had crochet herself. There were a few other thing in the adults can and probably some other small toy in the kids but what stands out to me the most was those cans. You need to know she had 6 children and each were married that makes 12. Then most already had kids and I know for sure at this time she had at least 8. That is 20 people that she made these cans for. Every year at Christmas I think about that year and wish I could do the same for my family. With me there is not near that many. Maybe this year I can.
My grandmother also taught me many things about crafts. We have spent hours making angels out of beads and other Christmas ornaments. We have created many things out of nothing. She can look at almost any project and figure out how to make it without any kind of pattern of instructions. She is not superman or wonder woman she is more than that she is MY GRANDMA.

1 comment:

Aaron T. said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.